Monday, December 20, 2010

Free Meds for IVF cycle!!!!

Just thought I would share my experience with getting free meds for my IVF cycles.  The first IVF that we went through we paid in full; every ultrasounds, every shot, .......  After the first cycle failed we knew we wanted to try again before the Summer was up, but we knew we would have a hard time paying for it.  When we had our consult with our doctor, after the negative cycle, we discussed it with him.  To our surprise, he said that he may be able to help us out with the meds.  He explained that patients bring their left over meds to him and they usually donate them back to a patient.  A month went by and we were planning on doing the IVF, but were not to sure how we were going to afford it.  When I went in to for my check up, the nurse had a big bag for me.  They had gathered up enough meds for my entire cycle!  I couldn't believe it; it was about two thousand dollars worth of meds for free!  My doctor is very generous and understanding, and I'm sure that other clinics do this as well.  If you are struggling to pay for your next IVF you may want to talk to your doctor about donated meds. 

For more money savings tips please fill out your name and email at the top right corner of the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment