Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Infertility Success Story--Please Read!

The story begins about six years ago, when my husband and I first started trying to have a baby.  At the time we had only been married for about a year and a half.  We thought it might take a few months, so we started trying a little earlier than we had planned to initially.  After about a year of trying with no luck, we decided to see the doctor.  I went to my obgyn and she was not too helpful, but she did send us to a great infertility doctor.  We were soon diagnosed with having male factor infertility.  This was discouraging, but the fertility doctor made it sound like having IVF would be a quick fix to our problem.  Even though it was expensive and time consuming we decided to go straight to IVF.  I think we were a little naive in thinking that we would go through the treatment, and have a baby nine months later.  This could not have been farther from the truth. 

Our first cycle was a complete disaster!  I did not respond well to the meds, even though I was only 22 at the time.  We ended up with poor quality embryos and did not get pregnant.  We waited a month and then we were back at it.  We went through our second treatment and to our surprise, we got pregnant!  But the excitement was short lived, because we had an early miscarriage.  Since I am a teacher, and the school year had just began, we had to wait almost a year to try again. 

The next summer ended with the exact same results.  One negative cycle and one miscarriage.  This miscarriage was a lot harder to deal with considering we had seen the baby's heartbeat this time.  By this time we were really getting discouraged and did not know if it was "meant to be".  We still had eight frozen embryos and we knew we were going to give them a shot.  So we tried our first FET.  It was another miscarriage.  I was really beginning to think that my body could not handle carrying a baby.  We did not mind the idea of adoption, but we had spent so much on fertility treatment that we could not afford to adopt.  We decided to try one more time with our frozen embryos.  We wound up pregnant again.  At this point getting pregnant really didn't mean anything to me.  we wanted to have a baby, not get pregnant!

The sixth time must have been the charm, because this time we stayed pregnant.  I am so excited to be able to say that we now have a wonderful baby boy, and he is the light of our life.  I am glad that we did not give up, because I can't imagine our life without him.  I hope this story can encourage you to keep moving forward on your infertility journey.

2 comments:

  1. I am here to thank a great man who cured my husband of AZOOSPERMIA (ZERO SPERM COUNT) his name is Dr. Uduehi. My husband suffered zero sperm count for a long time. He felt useless or depressed most time especially when we wants to make out because he knows there would be no results. So, one day I confide in a friend about our predicament and she gave me Dr. Uduehi’s contacts, I contacted him and he administered his medication and after my spouse took the medicine he started experiencing sperm although it was little at the beginning but it kept increasing until he got me pregnant after 13 years of marriage. You too can be cured also he treats any kind of male infertility. Reach him through: uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com phone/WhatsaPP: +2347084878384

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from PCOS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered pcos in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of heavy menstruation, and she always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who have the cure to pcos . I never imagined polycystic ovary syndrome. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. polycystic ovary syndrome. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor Itua for more info on WhatsApp +2348149277967 / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete